Advanced Topics Series (ADV)
ADV IN A NUTSHELL
The Advanced Topics Series is designed for the experienced professional mechanic who is ready to level-up. ADV takes a deeper dive in to suspension and hydraulic brake systems, and includes dropper seatposts. The 3 modules can be taken individually, or combined into a 4-day series.
WHO TAKES THE ADV SERIES?
Only BBI BRO students, BRO graduates, and verified industry professionals are eligible to take the ADV modules.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
1-4 days, depending on modules selected.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE A TEXTBOOK?
No, BBI will provide all of the necessary materials for ADV. However, purchase of Barnett's Manual DX is strongly recommended.
WHAT DOES IT COST AND WHEN IS IT OFFERED?
See the Schedule & Prices page for prices and more details.
WHAT SUBJECTS ARE COVERED?
Disc Brake Module
- SRAM Guide bleed procedure
- Shimano R8020 road hydraulic bleed
- SRAM Guide master cylinder overhaul
- Rotor alignment
- Caliper alignment
Dropper Post Module
- Rock Shox Reverb overhaul
- Fox Transfer overhaul
- Cartridge-type dropper post service
- Bushing extraction and installation
- Fox and Rock Shox damper service
- Fox and Rock Shox spring service
- Rock Shox Monarch rear damper overhaul
- Fox rear shock air canister service
- Suspension concepts
- Tuning concepts